Capital Regional Medical Center offers various spine surgeries of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Procedures include:
- Disc Arthroplasty
- Deformity Surgery
- Spinal Instability
- Vertebral Fractures
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Spine Care Team
Patients may receive outpatient spine surgery or comprehensive inpatient surgery. Expert physicians and specially trained nurses care for spine surgery patients, and our orthopedic inpatient physical therapy team help patients recover. Capital Regional Medical Center is also certified by theJoint Commission for spine surgery.
Orthopedic / Spine Patient Navigator
Kim Powell, RN
Kim Powell, RN
Undergoing spine surgery requires a lot of planning and support. Kim Powell, RN is dedicated to seeing patients through the entire process. Her role is:
- To get to know patients and their needs.
- Provide enhanced communication with caregivers.
- Provide education and information on what to expect before, during and after surgery.
- Foster a strong partnership with nursing and medical staff to deliver optimal care ensuring safety and quality outcomes.
Take a free self-assessment test to learn more about your risk for injury:
You answered yes on questions.
Joint Commission – Spine Surgery Certified
Spinal surgery programs (discectomy, laminectomy, and spinal fusion) are certified by the Joint Commission under the standards for disease-specific care programs. Capital Regional Medical Center qualified for certification after on-site review of our orthopedic services. This accreditation demonstrates the commitment to a higher standard of care with orthopedic spine surgery.