Palliative Care at Capital Regional Medical Center makes all the difference. Here’s what you can expect.
Covenant Care’s team of palliative care specialists at Capital Regional Medical Center includes a physician, an advance practice registered nurse and social worker. Together with your own doctor, we make sure that you receive:
- Relief from symptoms including pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, numbness, problems with sleep and much more.
- In-depth communication with you and your family about your health care goals, your concerns and your treatment options—and how to match your goals to those options.
- Coordination of your care among all of your health care providers.
- Improved ability to tolerate medical treatments and the side effects of the disease
- Improved ability to carry on with daily life
- Emotional, practical and spiritual support for you and your family.
We also provide:
- Referral and coordination of home care services
- 24-hour telephonic support
Begin palliative care early
Palliative care can occur at the same time as all other treatments for your illness. There’s absolutely no reason to wait. Pain and other symptoms affect your quality of life and stress can have a big impact on your family. The palliative care team can help.
Your insurance will cover palliative care.
Most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover palliative care. It is handled like other medical services, such as oncology or cardiology.
Getting palliative care is easy. Just ask for it.
For more information, call the palliative care team at Capital Regional Medical Center (855) 227-3365.
To find out more about palliative care, visit www.getpalliativecare.org.