Capital Regional Medical Center offers various surgical treatments for orthopedic health conditions such as musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, congenital disorders, infections, and tumors. Our surgeons work with specially-trained nurses and physical therapists to provide a multidisciplinary “team approach” to recovery. Patients can expect modern surgical equipment, private rooms, and low infection rates. Orthopedic surgery at Capital Regional starts with pre-operative education and continues through surgery with onsite post-surgical physical therapy and outpatient rehabilitation services, all to help patients recover as quickly as possible.
Orthopedic Care Team
Patients may receive outpatient orthopedic surgery or comprehensive inpatient surgery. Expert physicians and specially trained nurses care for orthopedic surgery patients, and our orthopedic inpatient physical therapy team help patients recover. Capital Regional Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission for our Hip and Knee Replacement Program.
Orthopedic procedures are Capital Regional Medical Center include:
K-12 Students Invited to Enter Capital Regional's "Name Our Robots" Contest
Winning student will receive $100 and school will receive $250
Capital Regional Medical Center's contest is a fun way to learn about robotic technology! The winner will receive $100, plus a $250 donation to his/her school, and a private tour of the operating room for the winner and guests.
Capital Regional Medical Center's sophisticated robotic technology enables surgeons to perform minimally invasive procedures with unrivaled precision. Patients experience less pain, less scarring and shorter hospital stays. Our specially trained surgeons and hospital team, would like to share our robotic capabilities with our community by hosting a contest that educates students about this revolutionary technology.
Come up with names for our three robots.
Submit the robot names to Rachel Stiles. Include a contact name and phone number in your email. The winning names will be selected by the Capital Regional Medical Center Surgical Team.
- Contest is open to any K-12 student (public, private or home-school).
- Immediate family members of employees of the CRMC Surgery department are excluded from this contest.
- Entries can be from individuals or groups.
- No more than three entries per person/group.
- Submission must include a parent contact name and email address.
- Deadline for submissions is midnight (EST) on Nov. 8, 2019. Winner will be announced no later than Nov.15, 2019.
- By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or photograph for promotional purposes in any medium which Capital Regional Medical Center may deem appropriate.