Capital Regional Cardiology Associates and Capital Regional Medical Center are proud to present The HerHeart Program! HerHeart is a program designed to fight the number one killer of women, heart disease. Capital Regional Medical Center and Capital Regional Cardiology Associates offer vital education, screenings, and links to healthcare resources with the HerHeart program. Our goal is to inspire women to become more involved in their heart health, and give them the tools and guidance to do so effectively.
HerHeart is designed by women, for ALL women. We invite you to join us in the fight against the number one killer of women, heart disease.
HerHeart is SPECIAL!
Capital Regional Cardiology Associates and Capital Regional Medical Center understands the unique care and attention women require to fight cardiovascular diseases, and to maintain optimal heart health. It is our privilege and duty to offer female-specific care, screenings, and ongoing education that is targeted to women of all ages, and varying health needs.
You are not just a number!
The HerHeart program is designed by women, for ALL women. Take control of your individual heart health and schedule an appointment with our HerHeart cardiologists today!
To register for our next HerHeart seminar and screening, visit the Capital Regional Medical Center classes and events calendar or call Consult-a-Nurse at (850) 325-3627.
HerHeart is SMART!
Here is the truth; most women do not understand the warning signs and personal risk factors for cardiovascular diseases that are unique to women. Cardiovascular diseases are the number one killer of women. Although 1-in-4 women will die of heart disease, most are unaware of their risks until it is too late. To be certain of your risks, schedule a HerHeart screening with one of our cardiologists. It's easy, fast, and could truly save your life.
Below is a list of factors that may indicate you are at risk for heart disease. If two or more apply to you, take action! Schedule a HerHeart screening.
- Women with high triglycerides
- Women 55+ years, or past menopause
- Women who exercise less than 30 min. a day
- Women with high cholesterol, high LDL or low HDL
- Women who are more than 20 pounds overweight
- Women who currently smoke or who smoked for more than 20 years
- Women with a family history of cardiac, stroke or circulation problems
- Women who had gestational diabetes or a baby weighing over 9 pounds
- Women with diabetes or those who need medication to control blood sugar
- Women with a history of high blood pressure or blood pressure problems during pregnancy
Know Your Numbers!
Whether or not you are experiencing any symptoms related to cardiovascular diseases, keep in mind that there is no way of knowing you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure without being tested. To learn more about making an appointment at Capital Regional Cardiology Associates.
The American Heart Association offers online heart-health risk assessments that provide valuable information on special steps you can take to lower your risks of cardiovascular diseases.
HerHeart is PROACTIVE!
HerHeart empowers women to fight for their individual heart health. For some, fighting is about prevention. For others, it's about recovery.
No matter what your health needs are, there are ways to fight:
- If you smoke, STOP!!!
- Control your weight
- Know the signs of heart disease
- Reduce stress and make HEALTH a priority
- Exercise at least six times a week for 30 minutes
- Eat more whole grains, fruits, vegetables and fish
- Improve your diet by eating and cooking with less fat
- Schedule a checkup if you have any of the risk factors
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms
- Have a full lipid evaluation and discuss the results with your doctor
- If you have diabetes, manage it with proper lifestyle and medications
The HerHeart Program empowers women to fight for their individual heart health. Take charge of your health & schedule an appointment for a heart risk assessment with one of our HerHeart cardiologists.
Power in Numbers!
Join the fight against cardiovascular diseases, and take control of your own heart health. Join us for our next HerHeart event! Join h2u (Health 2 You) and become part of a special group that enjoys healthy living! Follow the h2uwomen.com blog for health tips! Follow Capital Regional Medical Center on social media and get involved in the online community!
- Capital Regional Medical Center Heart and Vascular Center
- Capital Regional Cardiology Associates
- Classes & Events Calendar
- American Heart Association
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
To learn more about the HerHeart program, or to find out about our next HerHeart seminar, free screening, or symposium, please call (850) 325-3627.