The safety of our colleagues, patients and visitors remains our priority. As the regional COVID–19 positivity rate continues to increase we have made the decision to revise our current visitation policy.
Beginning Wed., Jan. 13 at 8 pm, visitors will not be permitted into the hospital. This includes our external campuses; such as the Cancer Center, Breast Center, Wellness Center, Bariatric Center, Southwood ER, Lake Jackson ER, and Gadsden ER.
Exceptions will be made for the following circumstances with ONE visitor per patient:
- Pediatric ER patients
- Labor & delivery patients
- Patients with disabilities or impairments warranting assistance
- Patients undergoing outpatient surgery
- Patients under hospice or palliative care
If a patient in the hospital needs to obtain an item from a loved one that is unable to visit, their loved one can come to our main entrance and provide the patient’s name and room number. Once we confirm with the patient, we will deliver the item to the patient. We are limiting these items to necessities such as phones, iPads, chargers, etc.
Staff will continue to pre–screen visitors (using standard pre–screening questions) at all entry points.
- Visitors with respiratory symptoms–fever, cough, or shortness of breath–or history of travel to a COVID–19–affected area, or exposure to a COVID–19 positive individual, will be asked to refrain from entering.
- Patients seeking emergency care will enter through the ER entrance.
We continue to have limited public entrances. The ER entrance will remain open 24/7 and the main lobby entrance will be open 6 am – 8 pm, Monday–Friday.