August 26, 2020
Tallahassee, FL - Capital Regional Medical Center is the recipient of Healthgrades 2020 Women's Care Specialty Excellence Award in Gynecological Surgery. Capital Regional received the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ and the Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020), as recognized by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems.
The Excellence Award in gynecological surgery places Capital Regional Medical Center among a select group of hospitals that are in the top 5-10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for providing outstanding quality outcomes in gynecologic surgery. As Healthgrades states, women who select a hospital with a 5-star rating can feel confident in their choice knowing that these organizations are committed to providing exceptional women's care to their patients.
"I am incredibly grateful to the staff and physicians for their efforts to provide outstanding care to our patients," said Trey Blake, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Capital Regional Medical Center. "Our hospital is committed to the health of women and babies demonstrated by treating this population with the highest quality evidence-based care."
"We congratulate the Healthgrades 2020 Women's Care Excellence Award recipients for their commitment to providing superior care for the women within their communities," said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. "Information regarding hospital quality empowers consumers to take control of their own healthcare and make the right decisions as to where they will seek care."
To help consumers evaluate and compare hospital performance in gynecologic surgery, Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes data for all patients from 16 individual states for years 2016 through 2018. Healthgrades found that there is a significant variation in clinical outcomes:
· Patients treated in hospitals receiving the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ had, on average, a 46.7 percent lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award*.
· If all hospitals in the analysis performed similarly to those receiving the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™, 10,121 patients with complications could have potentially been avoided*.
In addition to receiving Healthgrades 2020 Women's Care Specialty Excellence Awards, Capital Regional Medical Center is also recognized as a recipient multiple years in a row. The following list includes all awards and years of designation:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)