November 02, 2020
Capital Regional Only Hospital in Region Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery
New report from Healthgrades also identified Capital Regional among the top hospitals nationally in orthopedic surgery, joint replacement, hip replacement, knee replacement, appendectomies and gallbladder removal
Tallahassee, FL — Capital Regional Medical Center is one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions using Medicare data. The hospitals that have achieved the Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery have demonstrated exceptional quality of care.
“Capital Regional Medical Center is dedicated to high quality, best-in-class orthopedic services, and we are proud to continue investing in our care teams, physicians and facility upgrades - that match the premier level of orthopedic care given to our patients,” says Trey Blake, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Capital Regional Medical Center. “Our commitment is evidenced by the recent announcement to expand our rehabilitation services through the addition of a Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Center. The $23 million addition is slated to open 2022, and will add to the array of high-quality services.”
“Now more than ever, consumers understand the importance of hospital quality and are starting to become more diligent when researching where they receive care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “When selecting a hospital, consumers can feel confident in the America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for their commitment to quality care and exceptional outcomes.”
Capital Regional was also recognized for the following clinical achievements:
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ in 2021
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Joint Replacement Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2021
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement in 2021
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 4 Years in a Row (2018-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery in 2021
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy in 2021
Healthgrades recognizes a hospital’s quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance, and overall clinical quality. Individual procedure or condition cohorts are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected), 3-star (not statistically different from expected) and 1-star (statistically significantly worse than expected) categories. The complete Healthgrades 2021 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology, can be found at https://partners.healthgrades.com/healthgrades-quality-solutions/healthgrades-quality-awards/.
Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2017 through 2019 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. For appendectomy and bariatric surgery, Healthgrades used inpatient data from 16 states that provide all-payer data for years 2016 through 2018.