Women's Health Services
Life is busy. Whether you’re a working woman, a mom, a student or a combination of the three, you know it’s tough to find time for yourself, much less all the things you have to do in a day. But you do. And that’s why you’re the woman you are. You can juggle all your responsibilities and not once drop the ball. However, that often means not putting your health first, which is the one thing that could throw everything off balance. Your health needs to be your first priority, for yourself and your world around you. Capital Regional Medical Center offers many women’s health services to help take care of you, so you can continue to work, study, or care for others.
Capital Regional Women’s Health
Capital Regional Women’s Health is honored to provide comprehensive care to women of all ages. We want to partner with you in your health from adolescent years through pregnancies, and during menopausal stages. We offer well-woman examinations and pap smears for preventive care, family planning and contraception, pregnancy and obstetric services, and urogynecology for pelvic conditions.
Capital Regional Women’s Health and Capital Regional Medical Center are pleased to now offer advanced urogynecology services. Specializing in a variety of therapies to cure pelvic floor disorders, Michael Douso, MD is the area’s only board-certified urogynecologist and pelvic surgeon. He is dedicated in finding the best conservative or surgical therapy available that works best for your lifestyle and meets your goals.
Dr. Michael Douso treats many conditions including:
- Urinary, stress, urge, fecal and overflow incontinence
- Painful bladder syndromes, including interstitial cystiti
- Rectal prolapse
- Excessive urination
- Uterine prolapse
- Recurrent urinary tract infections and more…
Visit Dr. Douso’s physicial profile and make an appointment.
The Family Center at Capital Regional
The Family Center at Capital Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing family-centered maternity care. Through tours, classes, and information for parents-to-be and siblings, our caring staff helps prepare families for the changes ahead. Our advanced technology, state-of-the-art birthing suites, and top-notch medical skill and care assure optimal care for both mother and newborn during their hospital stay.
The Family Center offers a wide range of maternity care options:
- Prepared Childbirth classes
- Birthing suites with birthing beds, jetted tubs and private facility waiting areas
- Surgical suites equipped for Cesarean deliveries
- Fetal monitoring
- Father or other family members can be present throughout labor and delivery
- A fully equipped nursery with hand painted murals
- Photo therapy for the treatment of jaundice
- Shared Care
- Flexible visitation hours
- Full staff of lactation resource nurses
- Neonatologists on-site 24/7 offering neonatal services
- Interested in a tour of our Family Center? We offer them every Sunday at 4 p.m. To register call (850) 325-3627.
- The Family Center offers Childbirth, Breastfeeding, and Sibling education. Check out our events calendar for more information.
- Our web nursery allows you to view the newest additions belonging to you or a loved one.
- Visit Capital Regional Women’s Health to learn about our physicians.
For more information, check out:
Capital Regional Comprehensive Breast Center
Focused on Women. Chosen By Women. Dedicated to Women.
From mammography services that help in the early detection of breast cancer to extensive educational information and much more – the Capital Regional Comprehensive Breast Center can provide you with vital resources concerning breast health, treatment procedures, and care options. We also provide services such as Care Coordination, a Resource Library and are a certified fitter for wigs, bras and breast prosthesis.
Our accreditations include:
- Breast Center Accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Certified as Medicare Mammography Screening Facility
- FDA Certified Mammography Facility
- Certified Softer Mammogram Provider
Our Patient Navigator provides support throughout the care continuum by guiding patients through procedures and treatment options. The Navigator’s role compliments the care leadership of physicians to ensure complete care for each patient.
Full range of screening and diagnostic services, including:
- Digital Mammography & Computer Aided Detection (CAD)
- Breast Ultrasound and Stereotactic Guided Biopsy
- Needle Localization
- Bone Density Scans (DEXA)
- Easy Access to Breast MRI, next door at Capital Regional
- Lymphadema Management (click to learn more)
Make your appointment today. We are open Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and offer same-day appointments. Schedule your annual screening mammogram today, call (850) 325-5800 or book your appointment online. We look forward to serving your breast health needs.
Patient StoriesVanda’s Story
Vanda Ragans knows the importance of getting a mammogram every year. It was because of a routine annual screening that this 55 year-old Tallahassee resident learned that she had early breast cancer. “When you discover you have cancer, you just want it out of you,” says Vanda. That’s why I’m glad everything happened so quickly.”
Read Vanda’s entire story...
Kimberlee Quinlan of Tallahassee will always remember January 26, 2013. That Thursday afternoon, she was saddling up her beloved horse Poppeʹ when he got spooked and bolted. Later that same day, Kimberlee learned that she had breast cancer.
Read Kimberlee’s entire story...
For more information, check out:
Capital Regional Cardiology Associates and Capital Regional Medical Center are home of The HerHeart Program, a program dedicated in fighting heart disease. The goal of HerHeart is to inspire women to become more involved in their heart health by giving them the tools and guidance to do so, including female-specific care, screenings, ongoing education, and links to healthcare resources. The program targets women of all ages and varying health needs.
Meet our cardiologists:
- Dr. Joseph Carlton Baker
- Dr. Niraj Pandit
- Dr. Ernesto Umana
- Dr. Michelle Bachtel
- Dr. Ajay Umesh Mhatre
- Dr. Carey Dellock
- Visit Classes & Events Calendar to register for our next HerHeart seminar.
- Visit Capital Regional Medical Center Heart and Vascular Center and Capital Regional Cardiology Associates to learn more about HerHeart and other services.
- The American Heart Association offers online heart-health risk assessments that provide valuable information of lowering your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
For more information, check out:
- Services A-Z
- Bariatric Center
- Behavioral Health Center
- Breast Care
- Cancer Care
- ER - Main Campus
- ER - Gadsden Campus
- Express ER
- Family Center
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Pediatric ER
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Care ER
- Seniors First
- Sleep Center
- Women's Health
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy