That's why Capital Regional Medical Center offers a wide range of outpatient services.
At Capital Regional Medical Center outpatient surgery, diagnostic tests and rehabilitation are provided in one easily accessible location with free parking and convenient scheduling. You also have peace-of-mind in knowing that, if an emergency or complication occurs -- or an overnight stay becomes necessary -- our full-service, patient-friendly, acute-care medical center is ready for you.
Benefits of Outpatient Care
Outpatient Services offer easier and faster access to a wide range of healthcare services. Recent innovations in medical technology have made it safe and feasible to conduct many surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on an outpatient basis.
Improvements and refinements in surgical techniques and anesthesia enable patients to recover much more quickly than in the past, and the outpatient option allows you a more comfortable recovery in the privacy of your own home.
The list of surgeries that can be performed on an outpatient basis continues to grow. Some of the commonly performed surgical procedures include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat - removal of tonsils and adenoids, sinoscopy, placement of ear drainage tubes.
- Gastroenterology - colonoscopy, upper pan endoscopy, therapeutic treatment of gallstones
- General Surgery - hernia repair, biopsy, laparoscopic procedures.
- Gynecology - tubal ligation, laparoscopic procedures, D & C.
- Ophthalmology - cataract removal and lens implants.
- Oral - wisdom tooth extraction, reconstructive dental work.
- Orthopedic - arthroscopy, pin insertion, repair of fracture, remodeling of arthritic joints.
- Plastic Surgery - rhinoplasty, septoplasty, removal of skin lesions, eyelid surgery.
- Podiatry - bunion corrections and removal, hammertoe repair.
- Pulmonology - bronchoscopy.
- Urology - vasectomy, circumcision, kidney stone removal, resection of the prostate gland.
Recent advances in diagnostic testing have greatly expanded outpatient diagnostic capabilities. State-of-the-art diagnostic tools allow precise testing that may reveal the need for surgery or an overnight hospital stay. Some of the commonly performed diagnostic procedures include:
- CT Scans
- Upper GI (Gastrointestinal) Series
- Lower GI (Gastrointestinal) Series
- Chest X-rays
- Nuclear Medicine
- Stress Testing
- Studies of the Urethra and Bladder
- Cardiac Catheterizations
- Pre-employment Physicals
- Drug Screenings
- Annual Health Evaluations
- Pre-operative Teaching and Testing
Convenience, Safety & Security
While outpatient care is designed to comfortably accommodate a patient's recovery for a brief time -- usually less than 24 hours -- hospitalization may be deemed necessary. The availability of our emergency care and inpatient facilities allow you to receive outpatient care while being assured that the resources located in a hospital setting are readily available should the need arise. Providing adequate support systems is critical to our outpatient care approach.
Services such as cardiac rehabilitation, respiratory and physical therapies can be performed on an outpatient basis. Blood and I.V. therapy, chemotherapy, and sequential antibiotic therapy are also offered through our outpatient services department. While these programs may require regular hospital visits, on an outpatient basis they eliminate the need for a lengthy hospital stay to receive care -- and the treatment sessions can be conveniently scheduled.
Outpatient Services can help you get back to your normal activities fast. For more information on outpatient options available at Capital Regional Medical Center, or for a physician referral, call (850) 325-3627.
- Services A-Z
- Bariatric Center
- Behavioral Health Center
- Breast Care
- Cancer Care
- ER - Main Campus
- ER - Gadsden Campus
- Express ER
- Family Center
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Pediatric ER
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Care ER
- Seniors First
- Sleep Center
- Women's Health
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy