Capital Regional Medical Center & Capital Regional Cancer Center – here to help you BEAT cancer.
We offer technology to detect, pinpoint, and beat cancer. When battling cancer, you need every advantage you can get. You have access to the region’s most advanced technology to help you beat cancer and with the Comprehensive Breast Center, the added comfort of convenience and peace of mind.
Capital Regional Medical Center and Capital Regional Cancer Center have teamed together to provide you with an unprecedented level of care and a vital weapon in the battle against cancer. The strength of our network of care lies in the expertise of our team and the arsenal of technology we have at our fingertips to develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient. Through our local and regional network of cancer care, you’ll have access to:
- An experienced, trusted team of cancer treatment experts
- State-of-the-art surgical technology, including the daVinci Robotic System and BrainLAB Steriotactic surgery
- Advanced treatments such as:
- The area’s TomoTherapy system, which combines intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with the accuracy of CT scanning – especially effective in the treatment of prostate cancer
The quest of excellence is done to provide our patients the best opportunities for maintaining a high quality of life while they battle cancer. Together our cancer team purses accreditation for different aspects of cancer care creating a sense of accountability. We are proud to be recognized for:
- Accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Capital Regional Medical Center’s mammography program is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Jean Byers Award for Excellence in Cancer Registration.
Annual Cancer Report:
Dr. Tim Bolek
Medical Director of Capital Regional Cancer Center
Dr. Bolek, a Radiation Oncologist, has practiced in Tallahassee since 1999. He completed his undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of New Mexico, internship at the Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies at Michigan State University, and a residency in Radiation Oncology at the University of Florida. Dr. Bolek has been an assistant professor at the University of Florida and the University of Kentucky. He has vast experience working with radiosurgery and brachytherapy for many disease sites, as well as intensity modulated radiation therapy, which is especially effective in the treatment of prostate, lung, colorectal and head/neck cancers. He is the Medical Director of Tallahassee Oncology Associates.
- Services A-Z
- Bariatric Center
- Breast Center
- Cancer Center
- ER - Main Campus
- ER - Gadsden Campus
- Express ER
- Family Center
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- New Senior Care ER Service
- Outpatient Services
- Pediatric Emergency Room
- Robotic Surgery
- Seniors First
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Oxygen
- Wound Care Center