Quality and Patient Safety
Delivering Quality Healthcare that matters to you.
When it comes to your healthcare, quality should be the most important factor when choosing a facility. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the lead federal agency tasked with improving healthcare nationwide, defines quality healthcare as doing the right thing at the right time in the right way to achieve the best possible results.
At Capital Regional Medical Center, our team of experts is committed to providing quality care to every patient, every visit. From the moment you enter our state-of-the-art facility, you know that the best of the best will be treating you and your loved ones, quickly and efficiently.
What are they saying about us? Take a Look!
• Capital Regional is an accredited Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center, providing cutting-edge stroke care that results in good outcomes for our patients.
• Our Laboratory is accredited by The College of American Pathologists and has a Certificate of Accreditation from the Joint Commission, giving patients access to the best of the best for their laboratory needs.
• 72% of patients at Capital Regional would definitely recommend our facility to their family and friends according to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
• The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association awarded Capital Regional with the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes our commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines. Capital Regional is the only hospital in our area to receive this award and one of only 41 hospitals in Florida to receive Gold Plus status.
• Our Comprehensive Breast Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology. The members of the American College of Radiology work diligently to make imaging safe, effective and accessible to those who need it.
• Capital Regional is the ONLY hospital in the area to be designated by United Healthcare as a Cardiac Specialty Center and a Surgical Spine Specialty Center.
• As a part of the Hospital Corporation of America, Capital Regional Medical Center is proud to be recognized as a leader in preventing premature deliveries. Capital Regional is the only hospital in Tallahassee to report our elective delivery statistics to The Leapfrog Group, making information more readily available for future mothers and the public.
What’s in it for you?
• New tracking screens in the surgery waiting area allow friends and family to receive up to the minute status updates on their loved ones.
• Capital Regional became the 1st in our area to post ER wait times online and via text, providing patients with the most updated information for an informed decision when minutes matter.
• Capital Regional is the ONLY hospital in town that allows patients to notify the emergency room before they arrive. iNotify, a part of the iTriage Smartphone application, allows patients to text their symptoms to staff at Capital Regional and let us know they are on the way.
• An electronic medication administration barcode system is in place to ensure our patients always receive the correct medication and dosage.
• Capital Regional adheres to standards of practice outlined by the most well-respected healthcare quality agencies, including Joint Commission, Leapfrog and National Quality, ensuring the highest quality care.
• Capital Regional uses an innovative web-based application REACH. Call to easily consult with a Neurologist from anywhere. This provides rapid access to a specialist, improving access to care, quality for outcomes &potentially reducing permanent damage from a stroke.
• We are the location of choice when a patient experiences a type of heart attack referred to as STEMI that requires an immediate angioplasty & stent placement. Recently, we have met the national standard for door to balloon time of less than 90 minutes, averaging 60 minutes.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration introduced this website to help the public make well informed health care decisions. With accurate and trusted health care information and tools to compare health care providers and facilities, consumers can make informed choices.